Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my media blog, I have created a music magazine for my coursework. I hope you enjoy looking through my posts.

My Research and Planning start from Monday the 10th of September 2012.
And my Evaluation starts from Tuesday the 19th of February 2013.
Below you will find my completed magazine.

Thanks,
Amy Jenkinson

Thursday 27 September 2012

Research and Planning: College Magazine Evaluation


College Magazine Evaluation


Are the font sizes correct? 
On the cover the text is just the right size as you are able to see the cover lines clearly. The mast head is big and bold so the name of the magazine is clear and the audience will be able to identify the magazine. I have chosen to make the colleges website and the issue number a small font as these are the least important. On the contents page the word 'contents' is in a big font size so it stands out and the audience knows straight way it is the contents page, also the articles have been made clear so the audience knows which page they will find the article they want to read.

Does it follow the three colour rule?
My college magazine uses the same colour scheme throughout the magazine, It follows the three colour rule as I have used green, pink and blue. The colours I used was the colours I had chosen to use when I created my draft. Also I have included a black background so the images and text will stand out.

Can you tell that the cover and contents page are from the same magazine?
I can tell the cover and contents page is from the same magazine because of the colour scheme I used continues from one page to the next. Also the style of font is the same on each page.

Are the photographs well taken and appropriate?
I think that the quality of the photographs I used could of been better, so if I was to make this magazine again this is one thing I would improve. The image on the cover is a medium close up and is in the center so it is the first thing you see, also it is slightly overlapping the mast head.

Are there enough stories on the cover and on the contents page, and are they appropriate?
When creating the magazine I took the advice from the audience interviews, this helped me decide what kind of articles to publish. Students said they would like to read about whats happening around college, reviews on music (which will be included in the student reviews) and the latest trends. I had chosen to use these specific articles on the cover to try and attract the target audience. I think I could of added more articles to the contents page as the bottom of the page is blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment