Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my media blog, I have created a music magazine for my coursework. I hope you enjoy looking through my posts.

My Research and Planning start from Monday the 10th of September 2012.
And my Evaluation starts from Tuesday the 19th of February 2013.
Below you will find my completed magazine.

Thanks,
Amy Jenkinson

Thursday 25 October 2012

Research and Planning: SLR test shots

Today I have used a SLR camera and took some test shots at various locations. We first went to Hyde Park, I have considered this location as a possibility for my own photo shoot, also I took some in and around college. The photos were taken using the different settings and the flash on the camera.


This shot is a medium long shot and was taken outside and i think it is a bad shot as the lightening is quite bad as the tree is blocking the natural light, therefore the photo is dark.

When taking the photo the camera was not focused and when I looked at the photo on the computer the photo appeared a little blurry when you look at it closely.









This shot is a extreme close up. For this shot I have used the macro setting, this helps show lots of detail on small objects and blurs the background. I think this photo is good as it has lots of detail of the leaf.
                                                                                   
This shot is a good establishing shot of Hyde Park, it is well lit from natural light.

This shot is an extreme close-up, as this photo was taken indoors the flash was used and the macro setting. I think this is a good image as it is very detailed

This shot was taken inside, the photo appears to be a shade of yellow because of the surrounding light of the model, I could of used flash so this would not have happened.

This shot is a close up and like the photo above it appears yellow. I could of used the macro setting and flash therefore this wouldn't have happen and the image would be more detailed.


This shot is a long shot, I think this is a good image as it is well lit because of the natural light. As the photo had good natural lightening I did not used flash as there was no need to.



This is a bad shot as there is a object in front of the camera lens therefore is blocking the view. Also the image behind the object appears to be dark.














This shot is an extreme close up of a lock. This shot was taken outside and I used the macro setting, so this helped show more detail on the photo.










From taking these test shots I now know what settings to use when I take my shots for my magazine, also i know what setting to use depending on the location (e.g. outside, indoors). Also it has given me ideas for my location for my own photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment