Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my media blog, I have created a music magazine for my coursework. I hope you enjoy looking through my posts.

My Research and Planning start from Monday the 10th of September 2012.
And my Evaluation starts from Tuesday the 19th of February 2013.
Below you will find my completed magazine.

Thanks,
Amy Jenkinson

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Research and Planning: Three masthead designs


I have been looking at the different fonts that I could use for my masthead on my own music magazine, I have still yet to decide the name of my magazine. The names I have chose underneath are examples I could use but still aren't sure. I experimented with different fonts on dafont.com to try and find a font which would reflect the genre of music in my magazine which is going to be indie/rock. I chose to use red, white and black as I have researched other magazines of the same genre and this colour scheme is what most of them follow.




- The name 'loud' came from looking out my collage and this word stood out.




- 'M magazine', simply stands for music magazine.




- The name 'adored' has come from the lyrics
of a Stone Roses song.

5 comments:

  1. I like your mastheads they look fun and exciting. I can tell what genre it is. I would buy the magazine if it was on sale. It looks very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I think your magazine mastheads are really good and different from each other. However, I would recommend the first masthead because I really like the text style and the name 'loud' suggests loud music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I think your mastheads are really creative. I like the colour scheme you've used. Red,white and black are the most used magazine colours now. I personally like 'Loud' the best because it stands out and I like the font. I think it would really suit your magazine, I would buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you mastheads all look interesting and fun, i would recoment the 2nd one as its somthign really unique, and the colour red is really bold and makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really good masthead ideas here! My favourite is probably the top one as I really like the name 'Loud' and I think the font fits in well with it. I also like the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete