Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my media blog, I have created a music magazine for my coursework. I hope you enjoy looking through my posts.

My Research and Planning start from Monday the 10th of September 2012.
And my Evaluation starts from Tuesday the 19th of February 2013.
Below you will find my completed magazine.

Thanks,
Amy Jenkinson

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Evaluation: Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?




Music Magazine Cover

College magazine cover






















Looking at the images above it shows how my magazine has drastically changed from my preliminary task.

The pictures takens for my college magazine were taken with a blackberry phone so the quality of the picture is quite poor compared to the photos on my music magazine as they were taken with a cannon SLR camera, the SLR has many different settings and a flash so the pictures were of a high quality. Also not much thought was put into the mise en scene for my college magazine however I was more prepared when taking the photos for my music magazine as I had done research into location, costume, shot types and the genre. During the production of the magazine my skills in photoshop have improved therefore it has improved magazine and the editing of my photographs.

The layout of the two magazines are different. The college magazine looks unprofessional as the font sizes are inappropriate and the bar code is too big. This is different for my music magazine as I took time to research the other magazines and their layout which helped me achieve a much more professional look. I have added more cover lines and a main cover line to my music magazine which filled up more of the space and gave the magazine a more professional look, whereas my college magazines coverlines are not structured and there are fewer of them. I also used guide lines when producing my magazine whereas I did not do this when creating the college magazine.

The mast head of my college magazine is not very creative as it was rushed however I put a lot of thought into the music magazine mast head searching for the appropriate font on dafont.com and I took my time and asked my peers for feedback on the name I had chosen for the music magazine.

The font sizes of both magazines are different, the college magazine font was not took into consideration when creating the magazine, I think that the font size is inappropriate for the magazine as it is too big and the font used is a san serif font therefore it can make it difficult for the reader to read.

When creating my college magazine I did not have alot time and it was rushed, unlike my music magazine where I had months to research and then produce my magazine.



Music magazine contents page

College Contents Page




 



The layout of both contents pages are completely different. My music magazine has columns unlike my college magazine, also there is lots of space on my college contents page and have not used the space well. On my music magazine I filled the space with more articles and page numbers, I placed the magazine logo in the top left corner and included the date. The college contents page does not catch the readers attention as there is nothing eye catching.

When creating the college magazine I used a blackberry phone camera to take the photographs therefore the quality of the photos were poor. Not much thought was put into the photographs on the college contents page, whereas I had put a lot of thought and consideration into the photographs of my music magazine. I did not edit the photographs on my college contents page as I did not have a lot of skills in photoshop at the time when creating the college magazine.

On my music magazine contents page the font is a serif font which makes it easier for the reader to read, also it is the appropriate font size as it is size 11-12, unlike on my college magazine which is a sans serif font and a bigger font which makes it difficult to read. Both follow a three colour rule however my music magazine looks more professional as I put more research into the genre.





No comments:

Post a Comment